Calgary

WOW, that is all I have to say.
So I decided to spend the evening having a bit of a Bon Iver marathon as I am some what of a huge fan and I stumble upon this little gem.

I didn't realise they had a new song out and all I have to say is... RADIO 1 why haven't you showcased it to the maximum.




I thought Blindsided was spine tingling, this one has potential to become my number one Bon Iver.

Even the video is amazing. It is just so different, talk about original, quirky voice from Justin Vernon but what about this new visual metaphor for the difficulty in finding love? Tell me if you disagree but I believe that is what he wants to put across and of course it has the happy ending, the happy ever after.

I have to say this is unusual for Bon Iver as their sound is wasted on heart break love songs (not that I am complaining, sing those songs to me for ever Vernon.)

I have to say I don't understand the frozen bear at the end but hey! What is a Bon Iver song without some mystery.

I can't do a blog without commenting on the whole album - For Emma Forever Ago, I realise it is old now but I challenge anyone with a decent amount of appreciation for Indie music to get bored of that album.

Skinny Love, beautiful song, Birdy I am sorry your version does it justice but doesn't compare to Bon Iver's raw, soothing melody.
How does they do it? That voice, that tone, their lyrics aren't even always clear but Justin makes it sound alluring.

I just simply love his delicacy, his charm and his pure talent.

10/10 Bon Iver.

1 comment:

Ryan Hill said...

Their whole new album is brilliant, check out Holocene if you haven't heard it already, incredible song.