Friday i'm in Love

Now I wouldn't call The Cure a favourite band of mine. I don't have any of their albums or many of their songs on my Itunes, but the ones I do have are great.

The Cure - Friday I'm in love is a song I'm sure most of you know.



The song it's self doesn't really mean that much to me or have a significant memory, I just love it and when it's in my head, it's there for days.

It's a good tune to sing when drunk.


The groups lead vocalist, Robert Smith is very odd and quirky. The video looks as though it was made on a budget of a 10er. 

This song has been used for all sorts of things and for films like '50 first dates' and 'He's just not that into you'.

Random facts:
  • The song was originally supposed to be recorded one chord higher, this mistake was made when Smith forgot to turn of the vari-speed on the tape after messing with it before recording. They perform it in its originally intended form live but left it like that for the record.
  • Robert Smith is the only original member of the band with other band members leaving and returning throughout the thirty years the band has been together.
  • This song was nominated for a Grammy and won the award for European Viewer's Choice for Best Music Video at the 1992 MTV Video Music awards. I personally thought the song was fantastic but the video was crap. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like today's song of choice

Anonymous said...

Good choice! I feel inspired to listen to it now as it's been ages. Adam x