Wherever you will go.

Todays Earworm in my opinion is one of the greatest songs ever made. Strong comment I know but I really do love this song.


The Calling- Wherever you will go.





There are two versions of the video. This is the first to be made and is shot in Mexico. The other is much more popular and is shot at the LA River. The girl gets her boyfriends name tatooed on her only to find him in bed with another woman. I think we all really sympathise with this character.


Check it out.


This song is absolutely spine tingling for me. I find that you really listen to the lyrics of it. 


I'll go wherever you will go -  the main title and lyrics that sum up the whole song and are just generally really nice. I hope someone wants to go wherever I will go one day.


All the lyrics within it are fantastic. 


So lately, been wondering
who will be there to take my place
when i'm gone you'll need love to light the shadows on your face.


The 3 opening lines which define the song and tell you straight away this is a love song, and quite a haunting one at that.


This is pretty much the only song The Calling ever successfully made and released but that is not lead singer (Alex Band) or Lead guitar (Aaron Kamin)'s fault. They were never able to get a steady band together and the label didn't help them out in the right places.


Band and Kamin are the original and only 'real' two members of the band and I don't know why they didn't just try to make it as a duo.



  • The song was named number 1 Adult Pop song of the Decade by Billboard magazine.
  • They were the band that appeared in the background of the first club scene in Coyote Ugly.
  • It was also featured on Love actually and was confused as the Theme tune for Star Trek: Enterprise, when really it just featured.


So thats my Earworm of the day and I've got to say i've enjoyed writing about this one the most as one of my top 5 favourite songs ever. COME BACK CALLING. I'll buy your albums.

1 comment:

lifeonmars said...

Haha I LOVE this song!
Memories of singing it in a scummy pub with Ross on Karaoke! So cool x