My First Post


I've never had a blog before. I've often considered making one but only recently had the inspiration to do so.
I could write a casual blog about day to day life but realistically, who wants to hear about my life?

For those of you who do not know, an earworm is the term used when you have a song stuck in your head.
I don't know about the rest of you but I know I have a tendency to get random songs stuck in my head.

The idea of this page is to share with you all the random, often irritating, often great songs I get in my head and fill your heads with this crap too. I'd love it if you could all comment and tell me what song you've had in your heads today.


The one song i've had stuck in my head more then most recently is the childrens classic

The classic main lyric of "there was an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly, perhaps she'll die." Is a lovely morbid lyric. Would I say it was suitable for a nursary rhyme, probably not but it is so funny. Pessimism at its finest.


I just love how the lady swallows a fly, then a spider, then a bird, then a cat, then a dog, then a goat, then a cow and then finally only when she swallows a horse does she die.

I understand the theory or spiders eating flies, birds eating spiders, cats eating birds and the dogs chasing cats. But a goat getting a dog!! and then a cow getting a goat then a horse finally finishing them all off. The food change doesn't quite go like that, I would personally have used more ferocious animals like lions, tigers and bears. (Did that make anyone else think of Dorothy? Classic.) but hey ho, strangely it works.

I've got to say I love the song, it is definately an old classic from the days of nappies and dummies. 'Good times.'

It was written in the 1950's by Canadian folk singer Alan Mills and I think he did a great job.

I've also got to sadly admit that I have had christmas songs stuck in my head for a few weeks now.


The main ones have been:
  • 
  • dreaming of a white christmas
  • rocking around the christmas tree
  • winter wonderland
  • jingle bells

I know this is unacceptable considering it started in october and christmas isn't for another two months but I love it and i'm totally in the spirit.


Future blogs will not be this long I promise.




1 comment:

Rob Weitz said...

Karma police, arrest this man
He talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge
Hes like a detuned radio

Karma police, arrest this girl
Her Hitler hairdo
Is making me feel ill
And we have crashed her party

This is what you get
This is what you get
This is what you get when you mess with us