Year 3000

My Earworm today is Busted's Year 3000. I think it's a cracking song and not only is it their most famous song but also my favourite.



I had this stuck in my head not that long ago and for almost a week all due to my 'strange' boyfriend, who is the last person you would expect to hear singing Busted.

I used to think Matt was the lead, I'm not sure why but when I watch their video's now he really isn't. If anything he is the least talented out of them.

I've got to admit though I loved Matt when I was younger, quite fancied him infact, I think he was most girls favourite.

I think James used to be every bodies least favourite, I've got to admit he was mine. Now I look at him and don't understand why.

He is dead cute, he is the lead guitarists, vocalist and is the songwriter for the group. I also found out he taught Tom Fletcher from McFly how to write songs.

What ever happened to James? Come back James.

Busted were the boy band that changed boy bands, the previous being Westlife, Take That, East 17 or whatever that only sung and danced. This boyband introduced instruments and talent (not that I don't love Take That and Westlife. Great Take That are back together, love their new song.)

But anyway I loved my song today hope you guys do too.

Did you know:

  • The band was originally called Buster, Geri Halliwell introduced them as Busted by accident and the band liked it so it stuck.
  • Tom from McFly was in the band for 24 hours when 3 members left, leaving just Matt and James but he lost his place to Charlie.
  • The kid in the year 3000 video is James's brother. James is the glue that holds the whole band together being the song writer and lead guitarist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this

Lee Kettle said...

Great earworm! Year 3000 was the best Busted song, and I've gotta admit, I was a bit of a fan and I miss them. Their songs were always fun and catchy!

MEGABUCBUC said...

LOL Love it, Busted are still good for a laugh once in a while