Ghosts.

I have neglected my Blog as of late. I have had every intention to update it, however I really have been very busy. University is NOT as easy as you would think.

Anyway, my Earworm of the day is a song I have loved for years. Laura Marling - Ghosts.



This is a song I personally love, for no specific reason other than, it sends chills down my spine. I could listen to her voice all day long.

This video compliments her voice and matches her quirky personality perfectly, although it is kind of morbid, it is still sweet.

The paper cut outs which tell the story are cute and girly suiting her and the song well. Gentle and harmless are two words I think are fitting for both her voice and this music video.

It is different and I think that is why radio and music channels do not do Laura Marling enough justice.

She is played once in a while and it always makes my day to hear. Someone with her talent and originality needs some recognition.

She has several fantastic songs such as New romantic. Have a listen.

WOW I've just done some research on her to do my info bit and learnt that today is her 21st birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA MARLING keep up the fantastic work.

She has:

  • Been nominated for the Mercury music prize in 2008 and 2010
  • performed at a few festivals including the 02 wireless festival and was personally invited to tour with Jamie T after her second ever solo gig.
  • She was in the original line up for Noah and the Wale and was scouted from Myspace.
  • She once chose to perform on the street because she was denied entry to her own gig for being under age.
Laura Marling, you rock.

No comments: