Save tonight

My Earworm today is one of my favourite songs of all time. 'Eagle eye cherry - save tonight.'

Unfortunately, it is probably the only one of Eagle's songs out of four albums which is well known and if you don't know it.



I love this song, I think he has a lovely voice, it isn't too strong and it's calming. The background music is fantastic and is the bigger part of the song which I get stuck in my head.

I get it stuck in my head all the time.

This is his first song ever released, that was in 1997.
It was the first song on his first album Desireless.

Eagle Eye Cherry got his name when he was Christened. He was actually Christened Eagle Eye because the first time he ever looked at his dad he only did it with one eye open, therefore he became Eagle Eye. 

Cherry is his last name.

He was born in Sweden then moved to New York to study at the age of twelve. He stayed on after to pursue an acting career. 

When that wasn't working he moved on to pursue a singing career and moved back to Sweden to work on his album. Desireless which he released in 1998.

His songs have been used on loads of films including Billy Elliot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog :)

Lee Kettle said...

I didn't know this song when I started reading the post, but I've clicked the link and it's growing on me. I do enjoy reading your posts, and I kinda like how you give a background to the song, but at times (like this post) you give too much background which makes it no longer personal to you. I'd like if you gave a little more detail of the song's influence to you, and what could have spurred on the ear worm. Just a few ideas, but you're doing a good job so far!!

KirstyHewson said...

great tips thanks lee