Dancing with tears in my eyes.

Unless your a massive Ke$ha fan like me, you will not know this song.

Ke$ha - Dancing with tears in my eyes is one of my favourite songs from her album, Animal.



There isn't an official video because it hasn't been released. I think it should be because it's a lovely song by her.

In it she keeps to her Ke$ha style and sings about going out. However, we do see a different style at the same time. Her songs usually involved her getting slaughtered and thats about it really, all about having fun.
They match her party girl status/persona.

This song shows her in a different light and shows us Ke$ha is capable of heartbreak, love all that kind of soppy stuff.

Lyrics such as:

'here we go welcome to my funeral, without you I don't even have a pulse.'
and
'I'm dancing with tears in my eyes, just fighting to get through the night'

Show that this is a love song, and although the lyrics make this obvious it doesn't feel to me like your ordinary love song, but then in my opinion, Ke$ha isn't an ordinary artist.

Her songs really express who she is I think and seem to have something behind them that link to her, whereas other artists sound like they have put some words together that sound good and you don't feel the connection between them and the song.

I say this because Ke$ha's songs match her personality. She is a party girl and I can imagine some of the songs relate to an experience of hers.

Ke$ha grew up very very poor and never knew her father. Changing the S in her name to the $ symbol is 'ironic' and is supposed to show an opposite effect than the emphasis of money being important.

Did you know:
  • Ke$ha is really a do gooder. She held a benefit concert in June and all the proceedings went to aids victims. She also donated 1,000 pounds worth of dog food to dog shelters.
  •  She is the female voice in Flo Rida's single right round, but took no money for her part and didn't want to be in the video.
  • She has worked with Katy Perry, Britney Spears, The Veronica's and Miley Cyrus before she became a successful artist.

She also played host to Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie in an episode of the Simple life in 2004. I thought that was quite cool.

No comments: