Your song

I thought my earworm today was quite odd. Not because it's by Elton John. I think Elton John is fantastic. 'Your song' is quite slow and not really the kind of song you would usually get in your head, in my opinion.



However the chorus could be. "I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is when your in the world." Yeah. It definately is, bet it's in your head's now.

This is one of Elton Johns most famous songs. It was the song which made him a recognised recording artist although it never reached number one, or even number 2. It did get into the top 10 at number seven.

It has been described as a 'near perfect song'.

Elton John has had 56 top 40 singles and 9 number one hit's. He has won 5 Grammy awards, a Golden Globe award, an Academy award and a Tony award.

Did you know:
  • Bernie Taupin (Johns song writing partner) wrote the song over breakfast, then John took ten minutes to write the composition for the song.
  • It is one of Johns favourites from his collection of songs. He performs it at almost every concert.
  • The song came to 136 on the Rolling Stones list of 500 greatest songs of all time.

No comments: