My grandma's gonna set your flag on fire!!!

Everyone knows this song, if not from The Dixie cups then at least from the Alpro Soya Advert advert. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h5nrhXJyE4.<click

It is one of the catchiest tunes going in my opinion, if the advert comes on in the background it is guaranteed to be stuck in your head for days.

I've spent the majority of the day singing it and waving my hands in the air to 'Hey Now Hey Now'
I've managed to even get my housemates and boyfriend singing along happily.


taken from Flickr OWI agency


"My grandma and your grandma,
 sitting by the fire,
my grandma told your grandma gonna set your flag on fire!"

It's such a feel good song although it has quite an aggressive context. It was written in 1953 by James Crawford and released in 1965 by the Dixie cups.

It's basically a story of two indian tribes encountering one another and threatening to set the other party's flag on fire.

No comments: